Tuesday, May 3, 2011

just a few thoughts from me

Well here we are again, another month gone by and this experience coming so close to an end.  As life seems to continue on its daily happenings for you, it seems to have come to a complete halt for me.   Here in Africa, correction, here in Mali, so much for me has changed.   My perspective, my attitude on life, and the way I respond to conflict are all different.  It is amazing what God can do in your life when you ask for change and you are willing to submit to Him. 
Before coming to Mali, many of you may remember how in my support letter I had mentioned to be broken for the Lord.  Every day I would pray that the Lord would break my heart for what broke His, but I had a very much skewed vision of what that looked like.  The Lord’s heart breaks for more than just malnourished children and poor people.  His heart is bigger than that, he breaks for you and me and our constant daily sinning as well, and that is something I am learning every day.  God has truly revealed himself to me daily and showing me that we are all children of God and I should love each and every person.  
Think about it, how often do you walk through Walmart or Target without passing a judgment on someone’s outfit, or how obnoxious their children are, or how they won’t get out of your way as they slowly make their way through your isle?  Did you ever think that maybe they can’t afford certain clothes? Or maybe they never had someone like you around to teach them how to match things up? Did you ever think about the idea that maybe they can’t keep their kids under control because maybe there is more going on in the home situation? Maybe her husband is an alcoholic, or maybe they have never had a good example set in front them.  Sometimes it’s okay to go to the store and not be in a hurry.  Taking your time helps you remember everything on your list as well as gives you time to compare prices and save money.  There is always more to a situation than what you know at that given time. 
Time seems to stand still for me while I am here in Mali.  It is like I was plucked out from the position I was in, given time to grow and change and soon I will be placed right back where I was.  Oh wait, that is exactly what is happening. There are going to be many difficulties with this situation.  None of you may ever completely understand what I am going through.  You might be expecting change in me while I am here, but will you be able to accept the change I have had? Without a doubt you will be changed from having lived 6 months without me being around, will we be able to fully connect again?  I know that I am called into a life of missions and this experience has definitely helped in preparing me for this, will my friendships ever be the same if I am across continents? 
These are things I have been thinking about and thought it best I share with you.  I will be posting about our Easter experience here in Mali soon, and apologize for the delay.  For now I leave with this verse.
Proverbs 3:27   “Do not withhold the good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment